Every December 1, people in various corners of the globe commemorate World AIDS Day. HIV or human immunodeficiency virus is a virus that attacks white blood cells in the body (lymphocytes) resulting in the human immune system is down. AIDS or acquired immune deficiency syndrome is a disease that occurs due to the decline of the immune system by HIV infection. AIDS is the most infectious stages of the HIV stage 3 or higher. Time of HIV to AIDS developing vary in each person.
- The span of time between HIV infection and AIDS diagnosis 10-15 years or longer
- Without treatment, HIV can develop into AIDS in 5-10 years.
The factors that cause HIV to AIDS in the body:
- The age of
- Opportunistic Infections
- The pattern of life, drug use, smoking, and diet.
Identification AIDS based on some of the infections that attack HIV.
- Stage 1 no symptoms whatsoever and are not categorized as AIDS
- Phase 2 of developing upper respiratory tract infections that never healed.
- Stage 3 stricken with chronic diarrhea that does not clear cause for more than a month, severe bacterial infections and pulmonary tuberculosis.
- Stage 4 esophageal parasite disease on the brain, Candida yeast infection in the throat, respiratory tract, a batang pulmonary tract.
People affected by HIV is not necessarily suffered from AIDS. However, people suffering from AIDS certainly afflicted by HIV. Signs of people suffering from AIDS:
- With HIV and suffering from opportunistic infections.
- Have the CD4 below 200 cells/mm ³
* Opportunistic infections are infections that occur more frequently and more severe in people who have a weak immune system. * CD4-T cells or CD4 + T is a functioning white blood cells fight infection. Cell illustrates how well the immune system functioning. The HIV virus invades cells. The disease HIV AIDS is indeed very dangerous, disease is not indiscriminate and could infect anyone. Some of the celebrity world becomes a victim of this deadly disease, the following 9 people celebrity world who died of HIV/AIDS
- Rock Hudson
- Howard Ashman
- Freddie Mercury
- Magic Johnson
- Arthur Ashe
- Anthony Perkins
- Rudolf Nureyev
- Keith Haring